- Candidates must have demonstrated skill sets/traits in the areas of: leadership, finances, personnel management, population growth and communications. (See attached for more information.)
- Candidates must have at least 10 years of full-time experience in law enforcement, including at least 5 years in a supervisory or command level position.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to law enforcement from an accredited* college or university is highly desirable.
- Also highly desirable is specialized management training such as the FBI National Academy, Southern Police Institute, Certified Law Enforcement Executive, the Northwestern University Center for Public Safety or similar professional program.
- Candidates must be OPOTA certified at the time of application.
The selection process will be assisted by consultants from the Ohio Association of Chiefs of Police (OACP). For selected candidates, the process will include an Assessment Center on Saturday, October 22, 2016. Candidates designated as finalists after the Assessment Center can expect interviews from October 26 to November 2, 2016. The offer to the successful finalist will be conditional upon the results of a successful background investigation, psychological evaluation, polygraph examination and physical examination.
Applicants must submit the documents listed below to Craig King, OACP Advisory Services Program Director, by email only to email@example.com by noon, Monday, October 3, 2016. Please add a “read receipt” to your email to confirm it has been received.
- A cover letter addressing the reasons for your interest in the position.
- A written essay relative to bullet point one above (demonstrated skill sets/traits) consisting of at least one paragraph (more may be needed) on how your past experiences or responsibilities would demonstrate that you have attained these skills or possess the traits. All five must be addressed in your writing. Please read the attachment to this posting before writing about the demonstrated skill sets/traits.
- A resume including detailed information relative to the qualifications specified in bullet points two, three and four above.
- Both an organizational chart from your present employer or from a past employer that best demonstrates your qualifications for this position and a copy of your OPOTA certificate.
All materials must be emailed and received at the OACP office no later than noon,
Monday, October 3, 2016.
The Village of Sunbury is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*The degree granting institution must be accredited by one of two nationally recognized accrediting organizations, the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
**Because of the public records law in Ohio, the identity of applicants and most application materials cannot be considered to be confidential.