The Education Committee of the Ohio Association of Chiefs of Police (OACP) develops workshops based on attendance at past workshops and the requests of police chiefs throughout the state. Although designed to primarily address the needs of the law enforcement community, many workshops are equally valuable to others in local government. OACP members are encouraged to share this publication with their local officials and to invite them to attend.
OACP Education Training Schedule
The OACP education training schedule updates often with new trainings, flyers, agendas and more. Check here often to retrieve this information and to take advantage of early registration so you secure a seat at our trainings that will enhance your continued education in law enforcement.
Register for any training
You can register for any of our trainings by downloading the General Registration Form. Complete the form and email or fax back to Renea Collins, Education Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 614-761-9509. ONLINE REGISTRATION is currently under construction.
Registration and Costs:
Click here for Registration Form for Trainings and email to email@example.com, fax to 614-761-9509, or mail to OACP. You may also contact Workshop Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-761-0330. Meals and/or lodging will be provided (if applicable) based on individual trainings. Unless other arrangements are made, OACP must receive either a purchase order or check to complete registration. Guests may attend workshops for an additional cost. Guest fees must be paid in advance of the training. The guest fee includes dining with the workshop group and overnight accommodations in the same room as the registrant. (as applicable).
Early Registration Discount:
To receive an early registration discount your registration must be received at the OACP offices at least four weeks prior to each training.
Can vary but most trainings that are 2 days, begin Sunday afternoon and will conclude on Monday by 4:00 p.m. NOTE: Rooms may not be available until 4:00 p.m. on the first day.
- Chief William Balling, CLEE, Sydney PD – D4
- Chief Josef Freyhof, Russells Point PD – D4
- Chief Matthew Fruchey, CLEE, Fairfield Twp. PD (Butler) – D4
- Chief Charles Gift, CLEE, Sinclair Community College PD – D4
- Chief Scott Hughes, CLEE, Hamilton Twp. (Warren) PD – D4
- Chief Roy Mosley, III, CLEE, Brimfield Twp. (Portage) PD – D3
- Chief Kevin Nietert, (VICE CHAIR) South Euclid PD – D3
- Chief Anthony Powalie, CLEE, Painesville PD – D3
- Chief Tim Sabransky, CLEE, (Chair), Loveland Pd – D4
- Chief Donald Schwind, Sharon Twp. (Franklin) PD – D1
- Chief Brandon Standley, Bellefontaine PD – D4
- Mgmt Consultant Barb Temple, Barbara Temple & Associates – D4
- Chief Keith Torbet, CLEE, Wauseon PD – D2
- Chief Charles VanDyke, Milton PD – D3
- Chief Robert Ware II, Portsmouth PD – D5
- Chief James Willock, CLEE (CHAIR), Mill Creek Metroparks PD – D3
- Cmdr. David Wiseman, CLEE, Delaware County Sheriff’s Office – D1
Jeff Hill, Program Director – email@example.com
Renea Collins, Program Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
OACP Education Workshop Cancellation Policy – Revised
- The OACP office must be contacted in writing or by email (no phone calls, no voice mails) at least one month (20 business days,) prior to the scheduled workshop to avoid any responsibility for payment or to receive a credit or refund where payment had already been received. Any cancellations made within one month of the scheduled workshop will be charged 75% of the registration fee. If the registration fee is already paid, only 25% of the fee will be refunded or credited to another workshop.
- An agency can send a substitute to take the place of a registrant who needs to cancel.
- “No shows” for the workshop will be responsible for the entire registration fee. In the case of a “no show” where payment had already been received, there will be no refund and no credit to another workshop.
- A refund of payment received or credit for a future workshop will be made in the event the workshop is cancelled by us.